FoST is about actively engaging—getting to be a part of a conversation rather than just a member of the audience. I felt privileged to be a part of those roundtables, and valuable new business is going to come from the connections I made there.
FoST is currently looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, world-class executive assistant to support the founder and CEO in all realms of his day-to-day activities. This is an incredible opportunity to be at the intersection of storytelling and technology in a dynamic organization. The right candidate will have outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written); be a seasoned multitasker; be committed to accuracy and attention to detail; and be an upbeat team player able to see the big picture but with a no-task-is-too-small attitude.
Expect invaluable exposure to the latest trends in new media and cutting-edge storytelling, and help to support a network of visionary producers and storytellers, world-class brands, and recognized authors. In addition to planning, logistics, and operational work, the job offers the opportunity to perform research, share creative ideas, and support various strategic initiatives for the overall business. Currently our small team of 12 has successfully transitioned to working remotely from the safety of our homes, and while the ideal candidate is local and willing to come into the office when we return there in some capacity, we are very open to having this position filled remotely from any location.
THE CANDIDATE WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
• Manage the CEO’s daily schedule, coordinate his meetings, and plan all his travel; • Work side-by-side with the CEO, staying abreast of his daily interactions, taking notes in some calls and meetings, and handling meeting follow-up; • Oversee and assist in email and written communications; • Interface in a friendly manner with senior-level staff and high-profile clients, partners, and other collaborators; • Assist in new business development including research, proposal writing, and updating sales tracker database; • Manage and update contact lists and social media accounts; • Research trends in media and entertainment; • Participate in creative brainstorming meetings for new projects; and • Help support general office management.
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD ALSO DEMONSTRATE:
• Previous, extensive experience assisting a senior-level executive, as well as managing an office and schedules; • Excellent editorial skills, including strong grammar, copy editing, proofreading, writing, and communication expertise; • Outstanding organizational skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to stay cool under pressure; • An enthusiasm for current trends in technology and next-generation storytelling; • A genuine interest in bloggers, influencers, authors, websites, print publications, and other media outlets that dabble in topics related to the future of storytelling; and • An interest in learning about the publishing industry
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree
• Minimum 5–10 years’ experience as an executive assistant
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and Teams
• Exemplary references
Strong communication skills are a must. Please be sure to send a cover letter along with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.