Do you love working with creative teams on cutting-edge projects for some of the world’s biggest brands? Are you interested in how new forms of technology shape the kinds of stories we can tell today? Do you enjoy project managing innovative ideas and seeing them come to life during award-winning live events? Are you excited and curious about curating immersive experiences and producing a range of live events, both virtual and in-person? Are you a bad-ass event producer who thrives with a lot of balls in the air, doesn’t drop any, and stays calm and collected under pressure? Are you looking to join a fun team of storytelling Ninjas who are looking to change the world?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to hear from you. We are the Future of StoryTelling (FoST), the premier storytelling company producing first-in-class live events. We are looking for a top-notch Curator and Experiential Producer to supervise and coordinate all aspects of event and production planning for our virtual and in-person events throughout the year. The Experiential Producer will be responsible for programming and managing the FoST Explorers ClubTM—our exclusive 200-person, invitation-only, eight-month series of virtual and in-person interactive tours, speaker sessions, and socials—as well as other ongoing storytelling courses, Tech Tastings®, and client events. The ideal candidate will possess the unique ability to think creatively about new kinds of event formats and contribute ideas to experience design. They will pay close attention to immersive and new forms of storytelling, and surface the individuals and companies doing the most interesting work. Meticulous organizational skills as well as confidence in negotiating and an instinct for competitive pricing are essential. The Experiential Producer will be responsible for programing and managing speakers, workshops, performances, and immersive experiences year-round, and deliver the unique attendee experience and meticulous attention to detail for which FoST is known.
• 5–10 years of experience curating and producing live and virtual events, festivals, immersive experiences, and/or conferences.
• Ability to identify up-and-coming and undiscovered talent and projects that are aligned with FoST’s curatorial focus—those leading the way in AR, AI, VR, wearables, IoT, new interfaces, and beyond.
• Strong instincts about what would be insightful, informative, and/or inspirational to FoST’s members, attendees, and online readers.
• Willingness to lead and contribute to creative brainstorms and content discussions.
• Connections to artists in the immersive experience spaces is a definite plus.
• Expertise with new media and technologies, and a knack for technical troubleshooting for exhibition production.
• An instinct for thinking “big picture” while simultaneously maintaining a meticulous attention to detail.
• Creative problem solver.
• Quick decision-making instincts and the ability to work and thrive under pressure.
• Flexible attitude, with the ability to multi-task and wear multiple hats.
• Meticulous organizational skills and passion for digital organizational tools.
• Self-motivated with impeccable time management skills.
• Ability to negotiate pricing, secure licenses, and execute contracts and agreements.
• Strong communicator with the ability to liaise between clients, technical crews and creative teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional ability in providing friendly and professional support to clients and members.
• Ability to prepare production schedule, set clear milestones and deliverables, and effectively delegate to team members.
• Managing schedules, deadlines, and staffing.
If your interest is piqued, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think this job is a good fit for you to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.